The effects of incorrect tension in forming fabrics are often underestimated. Tension problems can cause:
- uneven paper properties due to uneven dewatering over the width
- unstable dimensions; for example fabrics that become too narrow
- increased fabric wear due to slippage of the drive roll or continuous corrections of the guiding roll
- poor dewatering and increased power consumption due to insufficient wire tension
- bearing and roll failure due to unexpectedly high fabrics tension
- pickup problems due to piping or waviness of the fabric
Feltest Products for fabric tension measurement:
Feltest Tensio+ – the unique 3-sensor technology strongly reduces the influence of the operator.
Feltest TensioMaster – the best mechanical gauge to measure fabric tension.