The forming section not only sets the paper properties; what happens here also strongly affects the runnability of the whole machine. Monitoring and analyzing the drainage process helps you:
- improve the sheet dryness and save energy
- control paper properties like printability, two-sidedness etc.
- reduce printer complaints like wire marking, cockling, linting/dusting, fiber picking etc.
- selecting the best fabrics and dewatering elements
- reduce waste of retention chemicals
- reduce energy used by drives and vacuum pumps
A good understanding of the dewatering process is required to optimize the process and hence improve the profitability of the Paper Machine!
Feltest Products for a drainage analysis:
Feltest FiberScanONE – advanced portable microwave-based dewatering analyzer.